Location: Lawrence, KS
The Health and Civilian Solutions Division within GDIT is undergoing a transformation within their Human Resources function. As we look towards the future, we are seeking experienced recruiting professionals who will be embedded in the business, operate with a consultative approach, and always provide the best customer and employee experience.
A Recruiter in this position will be responsible for executing the established recruiting process to ensure that GDIT attracts top talent. As a Recruiter you will be focused on the oversight and facilitation of the all hiring for your site. This position recruits quality talent to meet aggressive hiring requirements for specific programs. This starts with the identification of the need by the hiring manager, consulting with hiring managers on the process, selecting vendors to provide candidates, identifying and arranging for interviewing candidates, and ultimately choosing and onboarding the ideal candidate. Additionally, as a recruiter you are responsible for hiring non-agent hiring at your site. This includes posting compelling requisitions, constructing and executing a recruiting plan, facilitating interviews, recommending compensation packages that meet program financials and close the candidate, and ensuring the hiring manager stays engaged throughout the recruiting process. The Recruiter will begin to build a talent network for future hires through effective social networking, employee referrals, and other creative candidate sourcing tools. Ultimately, the Recruiter will be judged on his/her ability to deliver results (i.e. hires) by the need date, providing the candidate the best experience possible, and hiring manager satisfaction.
While the position functions as part of the recruiting team, this position is also responsible for aggressive individual recruiting goals which are monitored daily and weekly. The Recruiter must be able to quickly adapt plans and shift directions in order to meet changing client requirements. This is a challenging position that is suited for a high-energy individual who must be able to meet aggressive goals and timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to GDIT policies on ethics and integrity.
- Works with management to understand current and future workforce needs and develops improvements to staffing processes like sourcing and selection.
- Achieve 100% of assigned recruiting targets. This position recruits high-quality candidates in order to meet assigned goals associated with each client hiring goal.
- Develops, implements, and manages strategic recruitment and employment programs.
- Responsible for assisting in analysis and reporting effectiveness of sourcing
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected with executing applicant sourcing plans and driving traffic while keeping in line with recruiting budget.
- Responsible for quality of hire as measured by graduation rates and attrition in the first 30, 60, and 90 days.
- This position will also be responsible to source, screen, and interview candidates for G&A positions.
- Oversees company's recruiting programs, polices, and procedures.
- Responsible for constantly looking for opportunities to improve the current process and share ideas with Manager and team. This position will often be assigned to research or pilot changes to the recruitment processes.
- This position quickly learns GDITs' processes for screening, interviewing, and processing candidates on behalf of each new client and adapts quickly to changes in the process.
- Understands the hiring requirements and performance expectations for each client while strictly adhering to hiring policies.
- Responsible for actively partnering with the operations team to gauge the effectiveness of each class by monitoring a candidate's progress through training and their first 30, 60, and 90 days on the job.
- Responsible for ensuring a positive experience for every candidate. This position maintains a positive, respectful, and caring attitude with all candidates.
- Responsible for developing and adhering to a tight schedule for processing candidates.
- Responsible for conducting efficient and effective interviews. This position must be able to conduct effective interviews which uncover a candidate's true desire, motivation, and suitability for an agent or leadership role.
- Must be comfortable presenting and assessing a group of 30 candidates while providing the best candidate experience possible.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with GDITs' hiring processes for each client. This position implements specific hiring processes on behalf of clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to handle heavy volume of recruiting assignments.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Experience cold calling into organizations to build out lists of potential candidates and selling currently employed potential candidates on opportunities within GDIT.
- Intermediate knowledge of database and web based searches.
- Internet and direct recruiting experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be detailed oriented, self-motivated and willing to take the initiative to get things done.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with diverse work groups.
- Identifying bottlenecks and inefficiencies, then recommending suggestions for process improvement. This includes the ability to recognize issues and escalate to the appropriate individuals along with suggestions as to how the issue can be resolved.
- Experience handling confidential information.
- Ability to be flexible with multiple priorities and demands.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and ability to advise on laws and regulations affecting HR practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to use the organizations and industry's standards, procedures and policies relevant to human resources management.
- Federal government contracting industry experience is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Service Contract Act (SCA) experience highly desired.
- The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
- Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).